Instructions for Authors as PDF-file
Instructions for Authors
The Austrian Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism publishes original papers and reviews in all fields of endocrinology and metabolic diseases. No fees or charges are required for manuscript processing or publishing.
Manuscripts are accepted for the reviewing process based on the assumption that publication has been consented to by all authors. Submitted manuscripts should not contain material previously published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. Besides publication in the Journal all contributions will be presented on the publisher’s homepage. Upon acceptance of the manuscript the copyright is automatically transferred to the publisher. All scientific contributions are subject to a review process by the editor and/or by external expert reviewers.
2. Preparation of Manuscripts
The manuscript should not exceed 30,000 keystrokes including references (ca. 11 pages in Word, Arial, 11 pt, 1.5-fold spacing).
Manuscripts should contain:
- Full title (English and German, no abbreviations) + short title
- Full names and addresses of all authors as well as the corresponding author’s address
- English and german Summary (max. 25 manuscript lines) and some english and german key words
- Well-structured Main Part. Abbreviations have to be explained upon their first mention. Medical drugs are to be mentioned by their “generic names”.
- Conflict of interest: Please specify possible conflicts of interest relating to the present or the last 3 years.
- Relevancy to Practice: 3–5 key points or key sentences summarizing the manuscript’s practical relevance. In the online database the relevancy to practice appears under a separate link.
- Curriculum plus Portrait: A short professional curriculum plus a portrait of the corresponding author should be provided.
- References: References (max. 60) are to be consecutively numbered according to their citation in the text using arabic
numbers placed in square  brackets. The list of references should only contain references cited in the manuscript.
Journals’ names must be abbreviated according to Index Medicus and references should meet the “Uniform requirements
for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals.” [Br Med J 1982; 284: 1766–70]
1. Zweiker R, Perl S, Riegelnik V, Stoschitzky K. Antihypertensive Therapie bei "noch normalen" Blutdruckwerten? J Hyperton 2009; 13 (4):22-5
2. Mair J, Puschendorf B. Labordiagnostik des akuten Myokardinfarktes. In: Eber B (ed). Myokardinfarkt. Verlag Krause & Pachernegg, Gablitz, 1997; 75–103.
Curriculum plus Portrait: A short professional curriculum plus a portrait of the corresponding author should be provided.
3. Tables, Figures, Video Sequences:
Tables and figures: – with their respective legends – are to be consecutively numbered and provided on separate sheets. All abbreviations and symbols must be explained. Figures sent by e-mail have to have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and must be provided as single files in *.jpg, *.tif or *.eps formats. Figures previously published in other journals can only be re-used with permission from the copyright holder. If fees apply, they have to be fully covered by the author.
Figures with Video Sequences: Video sequences submitted via e-mail or CD-ROM should be provided as *.avi files, the corresponding freeze frames as *.jpg, *.tif or *.eps files. Points of interest should be indicated by arrows etc.
4. Submission of Manuscripts
Manuscripts should be laser printed on standard DIN-A4 paper with broad margins on both sides and double-spaced. Manuscripts are submitted in single copy to the editorial office. Submission by e-mail is encouraged. A printed copy of papers submitted by e-mail is also required to check for mistakes caused by the data transfer!
After acceptance of the manuscript for publication the corresponding author will receive a set of proofs for correction. Corrections are to be limited to mistakes due to type setting and proofs are to be returned in due time (2 weeks) to the publisher.
The corresponding author will receive 10 free copies of the relevant issue.
Krause & Pachernegg GmbH, Verlag für Medizin und Wirtschaft
Mozartgasse 10, A-3003 Gablitz, Austria
phone +43(0)2231/61 258-0, fax +43(0)2231/61 258-10