Instructions for Authors as PDF-file
Instructions for Authors
The JOURNAL OF REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE AND ENDOCRINOLOGY is an online journal, publishing reviews and articles of further education in all fields of reproductive medicine and endocrinology. Manuscripts are accepted for the reviewing process on the assumption that publication is consented by all authors. Submitted manuscripts should not contain previously published material or be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Besides publication in the Journal all
contributions will be presented on the publisher's homepage. Upon acceptance of the manuscript the copyright is automatically transferred to the
publisher. All scientific contributions are subject to a review process by the chief and field editors and/or by external expert reviewers.
2. Preparation of Manuscripts
Manuscripts should contain:
- Full names and addresses of all authors as well as the corresponding author's address
- Full title (english and german, no abbreviations)
- English Summary (max. 25 manuscript lines) and Keywords
- Well structured Main Part. Abbreviations have
to be explained upon their first appearance. Medical drugs are to be mentioned by "generic names".
- Relevancy to Practice: 3–5 Bullet points or Key sentences summarizing the manuscript’s practical relevance. Online "Relevancy to Pracitce" is linked.
- Conflict of Interest, Ethical approval: A conflict of interest statement must be completed for each author of each submitted article. All original research involving human subjects must be accompanied by evidence of prior ethics committee approval. Authors must suply evidence of informed consent of research participants (patients).
- References: References are to be consecutively numbered according to their citation in the text using arabic numbers placed in square  brackets. The list of references should only contain references cited in the manuscript. Journals' names must be abbreviated according to the
Index Medicus and references should meet the "Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals." [Br Med J 1982; 284:
1. Hinney B, Wuttke W. Hyperprolaktinämie: Stellenwert der Makroprolaktinämie. J Reproduktionsmed Endokrinol 2005;
Chapters in books:
2. Mair J, Puschendorf B. Labordiagnostik des akuten Myokardinfarktes. In: Eber B (ed). Myokardinfarkt. Verlag Krause & Pachernegg, Gablitz, 1997;
Originality:We require authors to confirm the originality of material.
Author Contributions: Authors are required to include a statement to specify the contributions of each co-author.
3. Tables, Figures, Video Sequences:
Authors are themselves responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyright material from other sources.
Tables and figures - with their respective legends - are to be consecutively numbered and provided on separate
sheets. All abbreviations and symbols must be explained. Figures sent by e-mail have to have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and must be provided
as single files in *.jpg, *.tif or *.eps formats. Figures previously published in other journals can only be re-used with permission from the coyright holders. If fees apply, they have to be fully covered by the author
- Figures with Video Sequences: Video sequences
submitted via e-mail or CD-ROM should be provided as *.avi files, the corresponding freeze frames as *.jpg, *.tif or *.eps files. Points of interest should be indicated by arrows etc.
4. Submission of Manuscripts
Manuscripts should be laser printed on standard DIN-A4 paper with broad margins on both sides and double-spaced. Manuscripts are submitted in
single copy to the editor-in-chief or to the respective field editor. Submission by e-mail is encouraged. A printed copy of e-mail submitted papers is
also needed to check out mistakes due to data transfer!
After acceptance of the manuscript for publication the corresponding author will receive a set of proofs for correction. Corrections are to be limited
to mistakes due to type setting and proofs are to be returned in due time (2 weeks) to the publisher.
The corresponding author will receive 10 free copies of the relevant issue.